Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hot Dog

I'm so far behind in my blogging ... good thing I don't do this for a living.

There are three reasons why you might end up at Walters, a locally famous hot-dog vendor on Palmer Avenue between Larchmont and Mamaroneck. The first might be that you found yourself stuck on the NY Thruway and decided to cut through town on US-1 to avoid it, or you decided that the $1.25 Thruway toll was just too much. Still, unless you know what you are looking for, you probably would have driven past this somewhat un-assuming building around the 900th block of Palmer.

More likely a local friend would have introduced you to the messy but tasty goodness of dogs split open and fried on the griddle and served on a bun that was also toasted on the griddle (with butter, I beleive). Are your arteries hardening yet?

Worth a visit if you are headed out of NYC for CT, and if you get off the Thru-way at New Rochelle, the $1.25 you save in tolls will cover a bit more than 2/3 the cost of your first dog.

Go there.

5 Comments:

Blogger *lynne* said...

that's one scary-lookin' dawg!

3:52 PM, June 22, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

dear God! That is almost worse (health wise) than the schniztle and potatoes. I do miss a good chili dog though . . .

2:15 PM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger EuroTrippen said...

I had to go take 3 lipitor after staring at this photo for ten seconds...

2:44 PM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger christina said...

And I gained 3 lbs !

10:45 AM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Clarity25 said...

I miss your updates:)

I hope you're doing well!

11:19 PM, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home