Link to Profile Semperoper, Dresden Sieg (auf dem Siegesäule), Berlin Brandenburg Tor, Berlin Skyline, Frankfurt am Main

Monday, December 19, 2016

Failure ...

A long time ago I posted about how much I hated the job that I had at the time, which funny enough was three and a half weeks into that job.  I gave it a few more months and then pulled the rip-cord and landed into a much better job (been doing it nearly ten years later).  I like it so much that I haven't even been tempted to look for a new job, which is usually an early-warning sign that you might start looking because you might be complacent, except that I have received high praise from the top of the company, so while I've learned not to take it for granted, I feel somewhat good about where I am these days ... except:

I get these magazines like the annual Bloomberg gift-giving guide (shown here), and "How to Spend It" from the Financial Times.  I guess if I really wanted to, I could find the $3,915 to buy a silver-lined frying pan, but I have to admit to myself that I cannot afford to drop that kind of money for this sort of thing, and I kind of envy those who can.  I will take this shame to the guillotines when the 99% come for me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home